You already know who to call when you need Frisco auto repair: with our skilled mechanics and excellent service, LD Automotive is simply the best Frisco auto repair shop around. But do you know what to do if your car breaks down or has problems while you’re on the road? To keep yourself and your passengers safe during unexpected car trouble, follow these tips from the Insurance Information Institute:
- Never get out of the vehicle to make a repair or examine the damage on a busy highway. Get the vehicle to a safe place before getting out. If you’ve been involved in an accident, motion the other driver to pull up to a safe spot ahead.
- If you can’t drive the vehicle, it may be safer to stay in the vehicle and wait for help or use a cell phone to summon help. Under most circumstances standing outside the vehicle in the flow of traffic is a bad idea.
- Carry flares or triangles to use to mark your location once you get to the side of the road. Marking your vehicle’s location to give other drivers advance warning can be critical. Remember to put on your hazard lights!
- In the case of a blowout or a flat tire, move the vehicle to a safer place before attempting a repair—even if it means destroying the wheel getting there. The cost of a tire, rim or wheel is minor compared to endangering your safety.
The best way to avoid car trouble and breakdowns is to come to our shop for regular maintenance, safety checks and Frisco auto repair. However, unexpected car trouble can sometimes even happen to well-maintained cars, so it’s important to be prepared; just in case, you should always keep your car stocked with things like:
- A first-aid kit,
- An umbrella
- A flashlight
- Jumper cables
- A tool kit
- A Lug wrench in case of flat tires
- Flares and warning triangles in case you need to alert other drivers
- A Tire pressure gauge
- Extra non-perishable food and drinking water
- A Cell phone with charger
For a complete list of important car emergency supplies, click here.
To prevent car trouble on the road, don’t forget to schedule regular maintenance and come to LD Automotive whenever you need Frisco auto repair. At L.D. Automotive, you can always expect to receive reliable, trustworthy, all-inclusive Frisco auto repair, so call us to schedule an appointment today!
frisco auto repair frisco tx 75034
L.D. Automotive Repair
8142 Parkwood Blvd.
Frisco, TX 75034